TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - from my understanding:
People Seeking Info

Subject from my understanding:

Posted by LivinTheDream on July 16, 2014 at 11:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 534 times.

In Reply To Haltec (and simular) vs. Nistune vs. ECU Chip posted by Jiro on July 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Message Haltec gives you the ability to get the most out of your setup as its faster processing and ability to monitor wideband as well as knock your able to push the setup and the management able to keep you at your peak safely.

Nistune to my knowledge does not offer integrated wideband or modern knock technology management thus manly just allowing the owner to tune there car however and whenever they want within stock limitations. This would be with the exception of the new e85 monitor and launch control.

A chipped ecu with knock box and maybe needing proper wideband monitoring can produce what the rest can just not as a single unit.

when i say modern knock technology im referring to the fact that the stock ecu and knock sensor are no good over 3k rpm. Also the stock computer is setup for narrow band sensors so its range and flexibility of making corrections is limited. The tune that are car has essentially should be spot on without the computer having to make adjustments. A tuners goal is to get the tune as close to perfect as possible so the ecu doesn't have to stray from the set parameters or values.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.